Wednesday, July 14, 2010

movie marathon

Recently, I watched...

I guess I was the last to watch this among my friends. Somehow, I don't think it worth my time.The plot was predictable. Carell and Fey made a good couple though. And yes, Leighton Meester (the Fosters' babysitter) appeared a few times in the movie. The director Levy made it short and simple for the Fosters' date night. So I'm going to make this short and simple as well -

plot - 6/10
acting value - 7/10
speciality/creativity - 5/10
overall rating - 6/10
Arghh.
I seriously dislike this silly movie.
I just don't know why some of my friends commented in fcbk that it's hilarious!
It's just an ex-couple who don't see eye-to-eye. Jennifer Aniston is hot and she may fit in comedies but this movie is a NO NO! No comment on Gerard Butler though, I only like him in P.S. I Love You. The plot doesn't catch the audience attention in many ways. But there are some scenes that are funny. I didn't watch till the end because I beh tahan (can't stand it) anymore. Hence, I've no ground to give ratings.
Watched this with Steph last Saturday @ Pavilion.
Truth to be told. I only watched it because of the hot Latin mama Jennifer Lopez!
It's the best decision choosing J.Lo for Zoe's character because J.Lo is a mama herself and oh that hot figure of hers could keep you drooling. Yes, even girls I know envy that body! The title says it all. Some of the relationships don't have to be in come in a traditional way: fall in love, get married, have a baby. This movie's the opposite. There are some flaws in the plot though for eg, the financial part. Oh yea, there's a scene that is really really gross. Not going to tell you here. I'm not much of a spoiler. uhhum. Okay, I'll be an angel for once. It's the part where Zoe's "friend" from the "single-pregnant woman, and proud" group laboured. Uh yuck. Why can't they just do it in the hospital, in a more natural way?
Anyway, I give it a 7/10 because of its funny plot (although it's predictable), hot-ass J.Lo, and the charming Alex O'Loughlin.

My Girlfriend is a Secret Agent

I'm really bad in remembering Korean names. But Kim Ha-Nuel gives an impression that makes people hard to forget in this movie, especially the fighting scenes. Some said this movie is the Korean version of Mr. & Mrs. Smith. I couldn't agree more. Everybody has dark secrets, so does this couple. They find it hard to trust each other completely, thus the unstable relationship. But in the end, as always, after the dramas, they realized they complete each other. Overall rating - 7/10.

Ha-Neul's cute and trendy wedding dress in MGIASA, love it!

Enough for the romantic comedies. Let's move to thriller movies.

Gibson oh Mel Gibson. Gibson plays a widowed father/detective, Thomas Craven who takes on a revenge to those who were responsible of his baby girl, Emma's death. His life falls apart after someone mistakenly shot his daughter instead of him. However, Craven found out that it wasn't just a simple "accident", that bullet is meant for Emma who had a secret that would cost her life. This father-daughter movie was actually adapted from a British tv series using the same title. I'm not fond of Gibson, but the storyline is what not audience could think of, making the movie more interesting as ever. Thus, a 7/10 from me.

This is one hell of a f*king psychological movie ever! Like Edge of Darkness, this movie f*ks here and there. One thing I dislike the most. Can't they throw out the F word? The characters were like adding salt in each lines!! Set the manners aside, this movie is unthinkable and unbelievable. It's insanely violent and bloody at the same time. This film stars Michael Sheen, Samuel L. Jackson and Carrie-Anne Moss. This movie is about terrorism. Sheen plays the all-American Muslim terrorist, Yusuf/Younger who planted 3 nuclear bombs in 3 different American states. He threatens to blew the citizens apart if his demands are not met. His well-planned plan turns the U.S. military up and down. Jackson plays the cruel interrogator, "H" who could do anything, anything at all, in order to save his nation. Moss plays a FBI agent, Brody who uses her feelings in this deadly case. Yusuf was badly tortured by "H" - it's either saving thousands of people or a man and his family? Don't say I didn't warn you - this movie has a number of ugly torture scenes that are hard to take. But this is one of the most unthinkable movie I ever watched so far. 9/10 for an unthinkable the Unthinkable movie.

Funny quote from Unthinkable (taken from IMDB):

H: Youssef! Do you believe I can do this?

Agent Helen Brody: H., he believes it, he believes it!

H: Faith is not enough, he has to know it!

Agent Helen Brody: He knows it!

H: Knowing is not enough! He has to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment