Saturday, June 25, 2011

going balinese

Finally, Wallace joins the circle of big two zero on 10th June!

Happy Birthday, Soon!

The 12 of us wanted to go somewhere fancy and something we never try before to celebrate the big guy's day, so Bumbu Bali it is. I guess most people know this place because it is famous for Balinese cuisine at Bandar Puteri,Puchong.
The food is quite similar to local taste so I think Malaysians would enjoy them, especially those dishes with herbs and lemongrass. As for the portion, it's rather large for most Malaysians. Some of us couldn't finish our dish, but thanks to Steven with his huge appetite, he managed to gobbled it all for us. Most dishes priced around RM20-35, quite reasonable I guess since the portion is huge. For beverages, we ordered 2 large jars of Bumbu Bali's house drink - Barley Lime. I love the taste of it that I drank 3 cups that night!



Mai and Nasi Campur Bumbu Bali (mixed rice), one of the specialties of Bumbu Bali.
It has everything in it - grilled chicken, prawns, fish fillet, minced meat, cuttlefish, rice, sauce etc.

Wan Lin, busy with her Whatsapp.


My lemongrass fish fillet.

The interior design is pretty cool and comfy, except for the super dim lights that annoyed me because I wasn't able to see my menu well, oh, maybe it's just my eye problem. Anyway, the restaurant is nicely decorated with small candles and bits and pieces of Bali, so pretty and romantic! And oh, they have these antique-feel white umbrellas that really attracts the customers. The only downfall is the lighting and oh-no-mirrors in their washroom! The management should really consider placing mirrors because some customers, like me, like to see their pretty face. Lol.



Spot the Balinese umbrellas?


The Mangoes.

I'm definitely coming back here:

Bumbu Bali
18 & 18-1, Jalan Persiaran Puteri 1,
Bandar Puteri,
47100, Puchong.
Tel: 03-80618699



Next round, at some cafe near Leisure Mall. I don't remember the name of the cafe, is it GillyCafe? Something like that. All I know that it's a popular cafe among youngsters and it's pretty crowded at night.

The birthday cake! Caramel - everybody's favorite topping.

Hope you had a great time, Soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment